Wednesday, December 29, 2010

26th Post

And with that 26th post, I figured I could start making top 25 lists. I've been critiquing some stuff lately on this blog (see Harry Potter Rant, Narnia, and Great Books). It makes sense for me to post up formal rankings of my favorite (and maybe least favorite) things so you can see what I'm comparing stuff to. Plus, they have the added benefit of being fairly easy posts to write to placate Dania. So to start us off, I present to you...

David Sorensen's Top 25 Movies
  1. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
  2. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
  3. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
  4. Up
  5. Princess Bride
  6. Batman Begins
  7. Pirates of the Carribean
  8. The Bourne Identity
  9. Ocean's Eleven
  10. Iron Man
  11. Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade
  12. Clear and Present Danger
  13. Raiders of the Lost Ark
  14. The Hunt for Red October
  15. Wall-E
  16. Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
  17. Finding Nemo
  18. A Knight's Tale
  19. Jurassic Park
  20. Inception
  21. Monster's Inc.
  22. A New Hope
  23. Toy Story
  24. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
  25. Independence Day
I am aware there are some notable movies not included on this list (Toy Story 3, for example). That is either because I have not seen them or did not think of them while I was compiling this list. I've seen a lot of movies, so narrowing it down to a top 25 was difficult, but I think this is a fair representation. The first four at least I'm sure of.

6 comments:

  1. Number 4 is the best thing that ever was. I'm glad to see it so high on your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much agree with Dania. I'm surprised though that you like that movie...It didn't seem your type...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Up. Do you realize how much skill it takes to have half an audience crying (and almost myself) about a death 15 minutes or less into the movie? In that amount of time, Pixar was able to make us fall in love with a character, and that ability is exhibited throughout the film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right! Poor Ellie! I can't believe you almost cried! That is so cute!!! If you ever do cry, please make sure I'm there. I want to make it to at least one historical event in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I'm definitely sure of the first four as well. :)

    ReplyDelete