Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Life Comes at You Fast

It seems like just last week that I was looking ahead to the better part of a month before my first semester of college was over. Now it's down to sets of threes: 3 days, 3 finals, 3 3 page papers (yes, I am a king of procrastination). The last couple of weeks have just soared by, as has the entire semester. It's been one filled with new friends, new experiences, and a renewal of old habits. As I look back, I really have to wonder where all the time went. Tomorrow, I say goodbye to the first of many of my new friends to leave for home for the break. This one, however, will not be coming back for the next semester. Brodi Alan Bateman is going on a mission instead of coming back for Winter. It amazes me how much I've grown to love him over the course of these four short months. He is honestly one of my best friends at college, which is saying a lot because, with the exception of Nick Lewis and a few others, almost all of my friends from high school came here to BYU. I'm excited for him to go serve, but I'm going to miss him which is kind of strange for me. It is rare for me to truly miss someone. I do a pretty good job of moving forward and going on with my life. It's funny. I don't even feel like I've spent that much time with Brodi for him being my roommate, but I really do love him. Part of it, I'm sure, is that he understands a part of me none of my other roommates can. Devin and Taylor both did band and are musically inclined, but they just don't have the pure love of music that Brodi and I share. I really got lucky when Devin and Brodi picked the bedroom next to the one Taylor picked. I got some high-quality roommates. And I am going to miss Brodi, but I am excited to meet Devin's brother and see if he'll be anything like Devin.

No comments:

Post a Comment