Sunday, October 17, 2010

Nicholas Lewis: A Tribute

Today is the last day I will see Nick Lewis before he leaves on his mission. In a few short hours, I will bid farewell to him for the next three and a half years. That is a sobering thought. When next I see him, we will both be returned missionaries working on our respective majors and searching for eternal companions. A new stage of life is beginning for him, while this stage I embarked on a few months ago continues. At this time, I want to publicly thank him for all he has done for me. I realize he will never read this, but it needs to be said.

Nick,

You are my best friend. I love you to death. I am so glad we followed in the footsteps of our elder brothers and became fast friends. I look forward to a continuing friendship for many years.

How can I express what you have meant to me? You have been one of my best examples. Few people could be the example you have been for my life. You do everything so well. Every day, you inspire me to be a better person. Someday, I hope to be able to stand and say that I was as good a person as you already are. You are going to be a great missionary and bring the joy of the gospel to many people's lives, even if only through your smiling and eager face.

I love you. I will miss you. I hope to join you in the missionary field of the Lord's work as soon as possible. Your example has inspired an even greater joyous expectation in me to enter the MTC.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment